We perform testing according to the Ministry of Health’s criteria. The testing Criteria and funding has changed ofrom the 13th February 2023
Criteria for a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT)
- have COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. a fever, new or worsening cough, sore or scratchy throat, shortness of breath, sneezing and running nose)
- If you have a Positive RAT test on arrival to NZ from overseas – You will need a PCR test
- are required to have a test under a mandatory testing order (e.g. a border or MIQ worker)
Following will no longer be funded or required
- If the RAT test is negative
- COVID positive but you have passed the acute phase (Over 7 days)
- Long COVID or Complications are not funded
- Non residents and Visitors to NZ (Except Australian and UK citizens
- Being a close contact without symptoms
- Locations of interest
- Domestic Travel
- Visits or before private hospital procedures
- Work place surveillance testing (Not for a supervised RAT)
- Casual contact or a contact of a contact
- We perform only the Rapid Antigen Testing. PCR tests are only done if there s a clinical suspicion which will benefit the patient and help in management of the condition. We DO NOT perform the Saliva PCR test.
- If you have symptoms, please perform a RAT test before coming in. If you are COVID positive, you can make a phone consultation. If you are COVID negative and still need to be seen, you can see a doctor, please come in and inform the reception. You will be asked to wait in the car. It is recommended to wear a mask.
We are not a RAT collection centre or a community testing centre.