Please note that when registering for more information or in completing and submitting any form on this website, you will be providing us with personal information. We will hold this information and use it to develop our relationship with you and to send you information about our services or products that may be of interest.
1. We may request and collect (from you, or if the context so requires your representative) your ‘health information’ (as defined in the Health Information Privacy Code 1994). Such information includes particulars about your health requirements, your medical and treatment history, disabilities or accidents/injuries, contact with any health or disability service providers, and information about donations of blood or organs, for the purpose of helping us provide services to you and to fulfill your needs.
We may disclose your health information to our agents and third parties (such as medical service providers, referring to hospital clinics or laboratory testing facilities) for the purpose of fulfilling your needs to the extent permitted, or as required, by law. Whenever you provide us with health information, you consent to us using your health information in accordance with this Policy.
1. Unless you ask us not to use your personal information we will use your mobile phone number to text results, as reminders for time of appointments, and recall for medical screening or tests. In the future, we may use email.
Casual patients will have a record of consultation, laboratory tests, and x-ray reports sent automatically to the GP you inform us of UNLESS you state you do not want such results to go there. Please inform the doctor and receptionist at the time of consultation if you do NOT want records transferred to your regular GP.
2. You have the right to ask us not to send electronic reminders. Currently, our system allows only for ALL or none.
WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
3. We may disclose your personal information:
to authorised third-party service providers to facilitate your specific requests or to assist us in providing products or services to you e.g. Breast screen reminders for a mammogram;
to governmental agencies, law enforcement agencies, safety, and security personnel, if required to do so by law, court order, or other legal process or where we are requested to do so by an authorised governmental or law enforcement authority;
to governmental, security, safety, law enforcement agencies and medical agencies if we believe in good faith that disclosure is desirable to lessen or prevent a serious threat to an individual’s life, health or safety or a serious threat to public health or public safety;
your nominated next of kin and/or general practitioner (if applicable to the services being provided to you); and
emergency services (if applicable to the services being provided to you).
4. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
in the event that we buy or sell any business assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business assets;
if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
YOUR OBLIGATIONS REGARDING THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US ABOUT OTHERS
1. If you provide us with personal information about another person then you are responsible for ensuring you have authority to do so and that the person consents to our collection and use of their personal information as set out in this Policy. You must make that person aware that you have disclosed their personal information to us and that we will use their personal information in accordance with this Policy.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
1. If you choose not to provide us with the personal information that we request or require, then we may not be able to offer or continue our services to you.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Under the Privacy Act 1993, you are entitled to request access or correction to the personal information held by us. You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us. We will respond to any such requests as required by law.
2. Where applicable, we may charge a fee for responding to a request for access to and/or disclosure of personal information.
1. If you would like to contact us about anything in this Policy, including requests for access or correction to your personal information, inquiries, complaints, or questions about our handling of your personal information, please contact us as set out below.